I was sent a copy of The Dolphins of Shark Bay (Scientists in the Field Series) by Pamela S. Turner
by Pamela S. Turner
Release Date: 2013-11-05
Ride alongside the author Pamela S. Turner and her scientific team and meet a cast of dolphin characters large enough (and charismatic enough) to rival a Shakespearean play—Puck, Piccolo, Flute, and Dodger among them. You will fall in love with this crew, both human and finned, as they seek to answer the question: just why are dolphins so smart? And what does their behavior tell us about human intelligence, captive animals, and the future of the ocean? Beautiful photos of dolphins in their natural habitat and a funny, friendly, and fast-paced text make this another winner in the Scientists in the Field series. Pair this with other intriguing stories of real-world science, at www.sciencemeetsadventure.com.
I just received this book, and haven’t had a chance to read it yet. In the meantime, check out these blog reviews for this book:
Big Thanks to HMH Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy of this book!!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
- Crow Smarts: Inside the Brain of the World’s Brightest Bird by Pamela S. Turner
- The Great White Shark Scientist by Sy Montgomery
- Eye of the Storm: NASA, Drones, and the Race to Crack the Hurricane Code (Scientists in the Field Series) by Amy Cherrix
- The Tapir Scientist: Saving South America’s Largest Mammal (Scientists in the Field Series) by Sy Montgomery
- Book of the Day: The Octopus Scientists by Sy Montgomery