We received a copy of When Jackie Saved Grand Central: The True Story of Jacqueline Kennedy’s Fight for an American Icon by Natasha Wing
OMG. Is this not the cutest cover, EVER?!
by Natasha Wing
Release Date: 2017-03-07
Before she was an iconic First Lady of the United States, Jackie Kennedy was a born-and-raised New Yorker. She loved everything about her city, from the natural beauty of the parks to the architectural history of the buildings. So when the owners of Grand Central wanted to build a skyscraper on top of the famous train station, Jackie knew they had to be stopped. She helped inspire thousands of people to come together and fight to protect the historic landmark. From letter-writing campaigns all the way to the Supreme Court, this little-known story celebrates winning in the face of immeasurable odds and how one person can make a big difference.
Have you read this one yet? Comment down below and let me know!
Big Thanks to HMH Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy of When Jackie Saved Grand Central: The True Story of Jacqueline Kennedy’s Fight for an American Icon by Natasha Wing!!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
- Mailbag Monday / In My Mailbox / Book Haul Jan 30th, 2017
- The Journey That Saved Curious George Young Readers Edition: The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden
- Votes of Confidence: A Young Person’s Guide to American Elections by Jeff Fleischer
- Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass: The Story Behind an American Friendship by Russell Freedman
- Book of the Day: Dolley Madison Saves George Washington