I was sent a copy of Lincoln Tells a Joke: How Laughter Saved the President (and the Country) by Kathleen Krull
by Kathleen Krull
Release Date: 2016-03-08
Poor Abraham Lincoln! His life was hardly fun at all. A country torn in two by war, citizens who didn’t like him as president, a homely appearance—what could there possibly be to laugh about? And yet he did laugh. Lincoln wasn’t just one of our greatest presidents. He was a comic storyteller and a person who could lighten a grim situation with a clever quip. This unusual biography of Lincoln highlights his life and presidency, focusing on what made his sense of humor so distinctive—and so necessary to surviving his tough life and times.
Have you read this one yet? Comment down below and let me know!
Big Thanks to HMH Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy of this book!!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
- Lives of the Scientists: Experiments, Explosions (and What the Neighbors Thought) by Kathleen Krull
- Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass: The Story Behind an American Friendship by Russell Freedman
- #kidlit Book of the Day: Laugh-Along Lessons 5-Minute Stories by Helen Lester
- Kidlit Book of the Day: Pookins Gets Her Way by Helen Lester
- Book of the Day – I’m an Alien and I Want to Go Home