I was sent a copy of Sonia Sotomayor: A Biography by Sylvia Mendoza
by Sylvia Mendoza
Release Date: 2017-04-25
Arguably one of the most prominent US Supreme Court Justices at the moment, Sonia Sotomayor has paved her own way to enact profound changes and reforms, despite the obstacles that stood in her way. And she certainly has had her share of adversity: she was diagnosed with diabetes when she was just eight years old, lived in housing projects in the Bronx in her youth, and fought (and still is fighting) against blatant discrimination throughout her career. Now in her early 60s, Justice Sotomayor has already made history in being appointed to the Court as the first Latina justice, the third woman justice, and one of the three youngest justices in this position.
Have you read this one yet? Comment down below and let me know!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
- Book of the Day: The Magic Trap by Jacqueline Davies
- Book of the Day: The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler by James Cross Giblin
- Book of the Day: Girls Against Girls – Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change
- Tallulah’s Tutu by Marilyn Singer
- Votes of Confidence: A Young Person’s Guide to American Elections by Jeff Fleischer