[Why?: Answers to Everyday Scientific Questions by Joel Levy]
I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of Why?: Answers to Everyday Scientific Questions by Joel Levy. I briefly flipped through it already and OH BOY! I know some inquisitive tweeners and teens that are going to eat this thing up!
by Joel Levy
Release Date: 2013-10-29
Why? Answers to Everyday Scientific Questions gets to grips with concepts that appear simple and straightforward, but which most people, when asked, really can’t explain. Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why do we need sleep? Why are there 24 hours in a day? For each question, author Joel Levy provides a simple, single line answer followed by more in-depth information about the scientific background on these essential topics. The book spans physics, biology, chemistry, geology, geography, meteorology, paleontology and planetary science – allowing readers to wow friends and family alike with pithy answers to the obvious questions they never thought to ask.
I just received this book, and haven’t had a chance to read it yet. In the meantime, check out these blog reviews for this book:
- ANSWERS TO EVERYDAY SCIENTIFIC QUESTIONS by Joel Levy over at http://mybookaddictionreviews.com
- WHY? Answers to Everyday Scientific Questions over at http://connywithay.wordpress.com
- INFODAD.COM: Family-Focused Reviews: (+++) LIFE LEARNING over at http://transcentury.blogspot.com
Big Thanks to ZEST BOOKS for sending me a copy of this book!!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
- Book of the Day: Girls Against Girls – Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change
- Book of the Day: Anatomy of a Boyfriend
- Book of the Day–Under the Light
- Book of the Day – Nick and Tesla’s High-Voltage Danger Lab: A Mystery with Electromagnets, Burglar Alarms, and Other Gadgets You Can Build Yourself
- Book of the Day: Substitute Creature