I was sent a copy of The Great Treehouse War by Lisa Graff
by Lisa Graff
Release Date: 2017-05-16
Kids vs. parents! An epic treehouse sleepover! An awesome group of friends! An exciting new book from National Book Award finalist Lisa Graff.
Winnie’s last day of fourth grade ended with a pretty life-changing surprise. That was the day Winnie’s parents got divorced and decided that Winnie would live three days a week with each of them and spend Wednesdays by herself in a treehouse smack between their houses, to divide her time perfectly evenly. It was the day Winnie’s seed of frustration with her parents was planted, a seed that grew until it felt like it was as big as a tree itself.
By the end of fifth grade, Winnie decides that the only way to change things is to barricade herself in her treehouse until her parents come to their senses–and her friends decide to join. It’s kids versus grown-ups, and no one wants to back down first. But with ten kids in one treehouse, all with their own demands, things can get pretty complicated! Even if they are having the most epic slumber party ever.
In the newest novel by beloved National Book Award finalist Lisa Graff, kids turn the tables on their parents, and all the rules are tossed out the window. But does Winnie have what it takes to hold her ground and keep everyone happy?
This story, with a pitch-perfect middle grade voice and a zany yet poignant situation, is perfect for fans of Sharon Creech, Louis Sachar, and Jack Gantos.
Praise for Lisa Graff’s novels:
The Great Treehouse War
“It’s kids vs. parents in epic fashion…Graff’s whimsical, original work is a breath of fresh air.”–School Library Journal
“Combining over-the-top storytelling with down-home wisdom, this [book is] fun.”–Booklist
“In this appealing faux-memoir, [Graff creates] a vibrant patchwork of personalities that gives voice to the power of friendship.”–Publishers Weekly
Lost in the Sun
* “Graff writes with stunning insight [and] consistently demonstrates why character-driven novels can live from generation to generation.”–Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* “Weighty matters deftly handled with humor and grace.”–School Library Journal, starred review
“This [novel] speaks powerfully, honestly, almost shockingly about our human pain and our human redemption. This book will change you.”–Gary Schmidt, author of The Wednesday Wars
“Lisa Graff crafts a compelling story about a boy touched with tragedy….And like all the best stories, it ends at a new beginning.”–Richard Peck, author of A Year Down Yonder
- “A perfect book to share with struggling readers.”–Booklist, starred review
- “Achingly superb.”–Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- “Graff’s…gentle story invokes evergreen themes of coming to appreciate one’s strengths (and weaknesses), and stands out for its thoughtful, moving portrait of a boy who learns to keep moving forward.”–Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “The patrons of my school library have been asking, ‘Do you have any books like Wonder by R.J. Palacio?’ and now I have the perfect offering.”–BookPage
A Tangle of Knots
“A beautiful world of deliciously interconnected stories.”–Entertainment Weekly, A-
* “Subtle and intricate, rich with humor and insight, this quietly magical adventure delights.”–Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* “Combining the literary sensibility of E. B. White with the insouciance of Louis Sachar, [this book] should satisfy readers for years to come.”–Booklist, starred review
Have you read this one yet? Comment down below and let me know!
AND as always, big thanks to you for popping by to see what I was rambling on about. LOL
Hope you have a great week.
Just a reminder, I usually post pics of the books I get right as I get them on to my facebook page and my instagram so make sure to click over and LIKE the page and/or follow my gram – then you’ll see what books I get as I get them instead of waiting till I do a “book haul” video. I’ll still do haul videos every couple of weeks, too. So… yeah. All righty then.
Please note that my posts contain affiliate links. What that means is, every time you purchase a product through one of my links, your cost will be the same but I will receive a small commission. I use this money to keep the site going, so your support is greatly appreciated!